Library hours extended; fines resume
Library Hours as of September 7, 2021:
- Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday – Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Please wear your mask when you arrive and use hand sanitizer before you use the library. Please contact us if you have any questions at 815-943-4671.
Update on fines:
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Harvard Diggins Library waived overdue fines for all of our patrons for over a year. Beginning on September 7, fines will resume on overdue items for adult cardholders. Overdue fines will no longer accrue for youth cardholders on most Harvard Diggins Library materials! Exceptions to this are for overdue videogames, and items from other libraries. Cardholders of all ages will still receive a bill for replacement items if they are not returned within 35 days of the due date. Questions? Ask a staff member or contact the library at 815-943-4671.
Changes to our COVID-19 policies
For over a year, Harvard Diggins Library has taken as many measures as possible to protect the health and safety of our patrons and staff members. We continue to closely monitor the pandemic and modify recommendations. Some changes have been made:
- Walk-in computer service has resumed. Appointments are no longer necessary to use the computer. Children’s computer stations and the Teen Gaming Computers are now available for use.
- Library materials are no longer quarantined.
- Public restrooms are now open.
- Study rooms and meeting rooms are available on a limited basis with reservations and MASKS required.
- Books may now be returned to both the indoor and outdoor book drops.
- Curbside service is still available upon request.
Please note that masks are still required at the library at this time. We also ask that all visitors continue using hand sanitizer as they enter the Library.
We welcome everyone back to the library and thank you for following these guidelines!
Download the App!
Search PrairieCat mobile in the App Store or PrairieCat in Google Play to download and use this convenient new option.