The Laid-Back Book Club
The Laid-Back Book Club is our virtual book club for Harvard Diggins Library adult patrons. There are no meetings, no deadlines, just good books and prizes! We have 12 book selections, one for every month, for our patrons to read and enjoy in a variety of genres. Log your reading in your Beanstack account as “activities” to earn badges and raffle tickets towards the end-of-the-year grand prize and participate in occasional discussions in our private Facebook group. You can read ahead, read behind, read on-schedule, skip book selections, and read completely at your own pace. A limited number copies of the current reading selection will be available at the library for checkout every month, but you are welcome to request copies on your own PrairieCat account as well.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Read any of our book selections anytime of the year! See below for a list of the book selections.
- Create a Beanstack account or download the app from your device’s app store to track your reading.
- Join our private Facebook group for occasional discussions and announcements about the current book selection.
- Sign up for our email list to receive a monthly digest of the current reading selection, quotes, discussion questions, and read-a-like book selections right to your inbox. Make sure to check your spam folder if you don’t see the email by the end of each month! To sign up, send an email to email@example.com
- January – The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- February – Confess by Colleen Hoover
- March – Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
- April – Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah
- May – The Dry by Jane Harper
- June – Song of a Captive Bird by Jasmin Darznik
- July – The Intuitionist by Colson Whitehead
- August – The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
- September – The Escape Room by Megan Goldin
- October – The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay
- November – The Unseen World by Liz Moore
- December – Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio
NEW! The Laid-Back Book Club book selections for 2022:
- January – Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- February – The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- March – An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green
- April – Beartown by Fredrik Backman
- May – Circe by Madeline Miller
- June – Recursion by Blake Crouch
- July – How to Walk Away by Katherine Center
- August – Radium Girls by Kate Moore
- September – The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
- October – Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell
- November – The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
- December – An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
Questions? We’re happy to help! Contact Leticia at firstname.lastname@example.org.